Founded in 2003, Terra Kulture Arts and Studios is an educational and recreational organization that promotes the richness and diversity of Nigerian languages, arts and culture.
There were, and remain, few places in Nigeria with the appropriate ambience for Nigerians and foreigners to learn about Nigeria’s cultural and linguistic heritage.
If you want to have a firsthand experience of the richness of Nigerian culture and languages, then this is a must-see place. Terra Kulture features prominently the richness and diversity of Nigerian languages, arts and culture.
In its nearly two decades of existence Terra Kulture has organized thousands of art exhibitions, plays, book readings and tens of thousands of individual adults and children, as well as school trips, have attended their language classes.
In 2009 Terra Kulture established the Terra Kulture Auction house, one of only 2 art auction houses in Nigeria. The Auction House has organized numerous art auctions in Lagos and Abuja.
The rest of the Centre is comprised of the Nigerian Language and Craft School, reading and documentation centre, food lounge, the Terra Art Gallery and the Terra Arena (a multipurpose theatre).
Today Terra Kulture is indeed one of the most recognized cultural hub in Lagos, Nigeria. This centre attracts lots of visits locally and internationally.
Terra Kulture has attracted visits from internationally recognized personalities such as Roberto Cavalli, Forest Whitaker, Ben Stiller, many diplomats and highly placed local and foreign Government functionaries. It has hosted many repeat visits from local and international students, including from Harvard, MIT, Chinese University of Hong Kong and many others.
Terra Kulture is comprised of various units including the following:
- Nigerian language and craft school, where Nigerian languages are taught, seeks to ensure that Nigerian languages are passed on from generation to generation and made popular at home and abroad.
- Craft Shop section that promotes made in Nigeria gift and craft items. It has helped in redeveloping the Nigerian hand-craft industry, creating employment and a steady source of income for over 50 craftsmen and women.
- Reading and documentation centre, which stocks a wide variety of books on Nigeria and Africa as a whole. The unit anchors book readings, book fairs and organizes symposia and lectures on selected topics. It is proud to have hosted readings by renowned Nigerian authors such as Wole Soyinka, Sefi Atta, Chimamanda Adichie, et al. The book reading sessions have helped to develop new writers and re-awakened the Nigerian reading culture.
- Art Gallery, thematic exhibitions focusing on the diversity of Nigeria by celebrating the different cultures and people of Nigeria. The gallery also organizes interactive sessions with renowned members of the art community. The gallery has been in partnership with the Ford Foundation since inception.
- The Terra Food Court
- The Terra Library & Bookstore
- The Terra Event Center
1376, Tiamiyu Savage St, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Located off Ahmadu Bello Way in Victoria Island, it is a 10 minutes drive from the Muri Okunola Park and can be accessed by car or taxi.
Restaurants Near Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Cactus Restaurant
- B.L. Restaurant, Bar and Cafe
- Craft Gourmet by Lou Baker
- Bungalow Restaurant, Victoria Island, Lagos
- RSVP Restaurant
- Salma’s Authentic Lebanese Cuisine
- Izanagi Japanese Cuisine
- Talindo Steak House
- L’Afric Restaurant and Bar
- Ocean Basket Victoria Island
- La Veranda Italian Cuisine
- Yellow Chilli
- Spice Route
- The Sky Restaurant
- Sherlaton Restaurant
- Vellvett Grill and Lounge Victoria Island
- The Backyard Bar and Grill
- Bottles Restaurant
- Gurunar’s Viceroy Restaurant
Hotels Near Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Bayland Guesthouse and Suites
- Beni Hotels
- Lagos Continental Hotel
- Lagos Oriental Hotel
- Eko Hotels and Suites
- Deke Hotel and Suites
- The Blowfish Hotel
- Hotel Bon Voyage
- Atlantic Hotels and Suites/Spa
- O’s Degree Hotels
- Sharrylesh Hotel
- Integrity Hotel and Suites
- Sun Heaven Hotels
- The Snug
- Protea Hotel by Marriott, Lagos Kuramo Waters
- XGarden Hotel and Suites
- Tivoli Garden Hotel
- Beni Apartments and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Caravel Suites
- Maison55 Hotel and Suites
- Hillside Gardens
Bars and Pubs Near Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos
- TLB and Longue
- Pat’s Bar
- Coors Restaurant and Lounge
- Step Inn
- Legend Bar
- Alba Lounge
- Belini Bar
- Thistle Bar, Restaurant, Lounge and Grills
- The Roof Grill and Bar
- 355 Restaurant and Lounge
- Atlantic Bar
- Orela Restaurant and Bar
- Friday Night Karaoke
- Lagos Irish Pub
- Sidewalk Lounge
- Good Lyfe (N-tyce Lounge and Restaurant)
- Steps Inn
- Bottles Restaurant