The Nigerian Visa on Arrival program is sort of an e-visa, where you can submit a visa application entirely online and get an approval within two business days, if you meet the visa requirements and submit all valid required documents.
This means you can completely skip any visits to the embassy! You only need to submit an application online and then wait to receive an approval letter via email from the Nigeria Immigration within two working days…or less.
However, it is important to stress that YOU MUST NOT travel to Nigeria without the Visa on Arrival Approval Letter. If you do, you’ll be returned from the airport by the Nigerian Immigration. You may not even be allowed to board a plane without an approval letter.
If you want to get a Nigeria visa on arrival, an online application must be filled and a letter of approval obtained from the Nigerian Immigration Service before you can be granted entry to Nigeria.
This document (VoA Approval Letter) is the permit that qualifies you to travel and get your visa upon arrival at the port of entry in Nigeria.
Normally, it takes within two business days to get your Visa on Arrival Approval, and we can assist you with the entire process.
Most visitors prefer the visa on arrival option because it saves them the time, stress and all the hassles with the embassy. It could also be cost effective for many.
What You Must Know About the Nigerian Visa on Arrival Program
When Do You Need a Nigerian Visa on Arrival?
There are several instances when you will require a Nigerian Visa on Arrival (VoA) instead of applying for a visa at the embassy in your country of residence:
- When you have exigent (pressing/urgent) need to travel to Nigeria at short notice;
- If there is no Nigerian High Commission/Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence (or if it is too far from where you reside);
- If you travel frequently and are a high net worth business investor.
Who Can Apply for a Nigerian Visa on Arrival?
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) gives two categories of travelers who may apply for visa on arrival: Business Travelers and African Nationals.
Applicants should be either of the following:
Now that you know who can apply for a Nigerian visa on arrival, let’s get started on the application process.
Requirements for a Nigerian Visa on Arrival
Before you can successfully apply for a Nigerian Visa on Arrival (VoA) and be granted entry to the country, you will need to have certain requirements intact. These requirements can be grouped into three:
- A letter of self-introduction/application
- Flight itinerary (with a valid return ticket)
- Passport data page of applicant (with at least 6 months validity)
- Two recent passport photographs
- Duly completed online visa on arrival application form
- Online visa payment receipt
Host Company (Nigeria) Requirements:
- An Invitation Letter from a registered/incorporated company or organization in Nigeria
- CAC (Corporate Affairs Commission) certificate (business registration/incorporation document) from the host company in Nigeria.
Need help with host company requirements? Well, let’s be your host.
- A Letter of Approval from the Comptroller General of Nigeria Immigration Service.
Applying for a Nigerian Visa on Arrival (VoA)
The Nigerian visa on arrival application process is in two stages:
- Filling out the online visa application form
- Getting a Visa on Arrival (VoA) Approval Letter
The online VoA application process is a bit lengthy and you are better off using a PC (computer).
Be sure to have the following required documents saved in PDF, PNG JPEG or JPG file formats before you start the online application process:
- Letter of introduction/application
- Flight itinerary
- Passport data page
- Recent passport photo (must be resized to 200×450 pixels; .png, .jpg or.jpeg)
- Letter of Invitation
- CAC certificate of host company
Each of these documents must not exceed 400KB (kilobytes) in size.
Other information you are required to have/know before you begin your application include:
Now that you have your documents and info intact and in the right format, you can begin your Nigerian Visa on Arrival application by visiting the immigration portal and start your application.
Here is how to apply for Nigeria visa on arrival (VoA) step by step:
1: Visit the VoA application portal
- Choose the Processing Country (the country you are applying from). This should be selected by default.
- Select Applying Country (your nationality/passport you hold).
- Choose Visa Type as ‘Business’.
- Click Start Application, and you will be redirected to the Innovate1 website where you will complete the rest of the application and make payment.
2: Login with your active email address
You may log in with your Gmail, Yahoo or other email address (OpenID).
On the Visa on Arrival Application Portal, there are seven (7) steps you must complete correctly, after which you can proceed to payment and receipt printout.
Step 1 requires personal information from you like names (as on passport), gender, date of birth, nationality, hair color, eye color, height, etc.
Step 2 of the application will seek to get your office (company) address. Enter this and move to the next step.
Step 3 of the visa on arrival application is about your passport and visa processing information. Details like your passport number, issuing country, date of issue, expiry date, place of issue, visa type and how much you have available for the trip are required here.
Step 4 requires information about your host company in Nigeria. If you are applying through us as your host company, we will provide you with the details.
Step 5 will let you upload required documents, etc.
Step 6: This is where you will print and/or save your application form. Remember a printed copy of the duly filled online application form is a compulsory requirement. You may save this and print out later. After printing, sign and date under the form.
Step 7: This is a summary of your application which you should also print out and/or save.
After completing the application, proceed with payment so you will be able to print out the payment receipt. Also note that evidence of visa payment is a mandatory requirement. And approval can only be processed after payment.
When you are done with the visa on arrival application and payment, you can wait on the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) for about two business days to receive an approval confirmation and letter of approval.
After receiving the letter of approval, make two printouts and carry along two recent passport photos and other required documents. That’s all! You can now travel to Nigeria and be issued with a visa on arrival at the port of entry.
Arrival in Nigeria
Upon arrival at the Port of Entry (airport), proceed to the desk marked ‘Visa on Arrival’ for Biometrics Enrollment and issuance of entry Visa. Biometrics fee is $90 (paid together with the visa fee).
You will present hard copies of the following documents:
- Visa on Arrival Approval Letter – valid for 14 days from the date of issuance (the visa on arrival in itself is valid for 30 days).
- Evidence of online payment
- Valid International Passport
If the visa on arrival process is somewhat complicated for you; no worries, you can let us do the entire processing for you with the added advantage of a guaranteed approval. Learn more here.
Need help? Ask in our Facebook group and get instant support
OR fill the form below: